NetBeans Podcast Episode #40
By Roman Strobl on II 06, 2008
NetBeans podcast this time with a celebrity appearance of Judith Lilienfeld, director of tools evangelism at Sun:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #40 (28 min 25 sec, size: 27.2 MB)
- 0:00 NetBeans Innovators Grant Program!
- 5:54 Check out the NetBeans Community Documentation program, coordinated by James Branham and Amit Kumar Saha. Recent milestone: over 100 contributions. Also, check out an interesting idea from Amit and Varun Nischal.
- 8:52 NetBeans 6.1 Milestone 1 now available. Schedule for 6.1 milestones/betas is here.
- 11:52 A new Webinar that demonstrates the JasperSoft iReport plugin.
- 14:30 Recap of NetBeans event in Second Life. Transcript here.
- 19:24 Guest appearance: Judith Lilienfeld, Director of Java Tools Evangelism at Sun Microsystems. In addition to the NetBeans Innovators Grant program, there will be a blogging contest. Stay tuned - details will be announced soon.
- 20:19 NetBeans RCP application of the podcast: CitraFX.
- 21:00 Plugin of the podcast: Assembly Language support.
21:40 The NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new
NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com.
Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the
prize winner on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer:
The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, February 24,
2008 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is
received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are
not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to
restricted places. And remember, the questions might be getting harder,
but the prizes are getting better. So send in entry! You might win a
prize like Georg Schmid, shown here with his NetBeans USB drive.
Podcast feedback to: roman dot strobl at sun dot com.
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.