NetBeans Podcast Episode #38
By Roman Strobl on XII 20, 2007
NetBeans 6.0 has been released... but we already know what are the plans for 6.1! Tune in to the latest episode of NetBeans podcast:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #38 (36 min 15 sec, size: 34.8 MB)
- 0:00 NetBeans 6.0 has been shipped! Check out some interesting reviews/blogs:
- 2:03 JasperSoft announces support for NetBeans. A beta release of their iReport plugin is available. Watch screencast videos of it here.
- 4:17 The first patch for NetBeans 6.0 is available. Find out more.
- 6:15 Plans are being made for NetBeans 6.1
- 9:00 Looking out to the future:
- 10:51 Screencasts - lots of them. Roumen has his latest on Javalobby. Gregg and Tor have some out on the new 6.0 video tour page. View more 6.0 screencasts here.
- 14:58 Road trip reports: Austin, Houston, Berlin, Dubai, Cairo, Bulgaria, and Frankfurt.
- 22:51 NetBeans Magazine issue #4 is now available (also available as a .pdf file). Several good articles, as usual.
- 24:17 Groovy and Grails support is being added. Read more in a blog entry from Martin Adamek. There is also a wiki page.
- 26:24 NetBeans experts chat session transcript has been posted.
- 28:03 The module of the podcast is Add Property
- 29:21 NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the prize winner on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places. And remember: the Puzzler questions are getting harder - but the prizes are getting better. Recent winner Ryan de Laplante sent in a photo of himself with his prize, a copy of the fantastic book: Rich Client Programming.
Podcast feedback to: roman dot strobl at sun dot com.
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.