NetBeans podcast episode #37
By Roman Strobl on XI 02, 2007
Ever wondered what is the NetCAT community doing? Tune in to the latest episode of NetBeans podcast with an interview with Jiri Kovalsky, NetBeans technical community manager:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #37 (28 min 37 sec, size: 27.5 MB)
- 0:00 Ahoj!
- 1:00 Corrections to podcast #36....
- 2:03 Jiri's introduction and a description of NetCat
- 3:46 What is a Technical Community Manager?
- 4:57 What are the most important changes that have occurred for NetBeans contributors?
- 7:38 How are NetCat participants chosen?
- 9:49 How many NetCat 6.0 participants are there?
- 10:16 How many NetCat participants were there for past releases?
- 11:07 What do NetCat participants actually do and what do they get out of it? Do the bugs they report get special treatment?
- 14:46 Has NetCat changed over the years?
- 16:45 What is the NetCat survey? (Check out the preview)
- 17:39 What has been the most important feedback we have gotten from NetCat 6.0?
- 20:21 How does the quality look for NetBeans IDE 6.0?
- 22:03 Future plans for NetCat?
- 23:47 Participate! :-)
- 24:26 NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the prize winner on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places. And remember: the Puzzler questions are getting harder - but the prizes are getting better. Recent winner Hayden Jones sent in a photo of his son Wesley holding his prize: a 1GB NetBeans USB drive. :-)
Podcast feedback to: roman dot strobl at sun dot com.
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.