NetBeans Podcast Episode #34
By Roman Strobl on VIII 28, 2007
Here we go again:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #34 (32 min 40 sec, size: 19.6 MB)
- 0:00 Recap of Roman's trip to Denmark
- 4:05 NetCAT call for participation
- 6:30 Bloggers talking about how the NetBeans IDE has improved their productivity for developing Java web applications and for Rails applications
- 9:06 Code for Freedom contest for students in India
- 11:36 NetBeans TV has launched!
- 14:01 Profile of a NetBeans Dream Team member: Wade Chandler
- 16:08 NetBeans Visual Web Pack ideas
- 17:59 Tutorial on using SQE
- 20:08 GlassFish is the fastest open source application server.
- 22:45 Reasons for using the NetBeans Mobility Pack
- 23:32 New article on current books about NetBeans
- 24:20 Module of the podcast: Perspectives
- 28:27 The NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the prize winner on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places. And remember: the Puzzler questions are getting harder - but the prizes are getting better. :-) Check out this photo of winner Daniel Rhoden and his son Aidan holding up a new NetBeans USB drive:
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.