NetBeans Podcast Episode #33
By Roman Strobl on VIII 10, 2007
Tune in for the latest doze of NetBeans-related news:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #33 (29 min 06 sec, size: 17.5 MB)
- 0:00 Roman and Gregg chatting about their summer activities, passports, and visas. :-)
- 3:05 The latest nightly builds and status of the 6.0 beta release.
- 6:22 Some interesting extensions of the NetBeans platform: Instant JChem and Boeing. Also, Geertjan has a blog entry with more details on Instant JChem.
- 9:12 Excitement in the community about NetBeans Ruby support. A recent episode of the DrunkAndRetired podcast includes a review.
- 11:13 After you listen to our interview with Tor, check out this written interview that Geertjan did with him.
- 12:08 A podcast about Jarvis.
- 13:58 Some very well written tutorials that were published recently: Installing the FindBugs plugin, building the JRuby source with the NetBeans IDE, and building the JEdit source with the NetBeans IDE. The second two include excellent information on setting up freeform projects in the NetBeans IDE.
- 19:54 A nasty bug in the JDK affects NetBeans performance on Windows. Adam Bien has a blog entry on the topic.
- 22:18 Modules of the Podcast: Open Laszlo support and Echo2 support
- 23:45 NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the prize winner on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places. And remember: the Puzzler questions are getting harder - but the prizes are getting better. :-)
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.