NetBeans Podcast Episode #21
By Roman Strobl on I 02, 2007
NetBeans Podcast episode #21 is out there in the world wild web:
NetBeans Podcast Episode #21 (28 min 27 sec, size: 20.4 MB)
- 0:00 Java SE 6 was released, with several key features; more details on the desktop features here. For monitoring and profiling information, take a look at this blog entry from Mandy Chung. There's also this interesting article on JVMTI.
- 6:57 Final release of NetBeans Visual Web Pack 5.5 and NetBeans C/C++ Pack 5.5. Check out this blog entry from Roumen on when to use Visual Web Pack and also this blog entry from Winston Prakash on some of the history behind Visual Web Pack.
- 9:00 Project jMaki Beta2 now available. The jMaki widget page is here.
- 12:12 Two more awards: Most Innovative Java IDE Platform/General Java Framework from Steve Anglin at O'Reilly and a Technology of the Year Award from InfoWorld.
- 13:53 Mobility Pack for CDC 5.5 Release Candidate 1
- 16:25 Craig McClanahan's webinar on the NetBeans Visual Web Pack.
- 20:19 Module of the Podcast: The portlet container plugin and a tutorial about it.
- 22:17 Facelets, Seam, NetBeans, and GlassFish: A document on IDE configuration and Basic Development How-To. Available in both HTML and PDF.
- 24:55 NetBeans Puzzler. If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the winner of the T-Shirt on the next podcast - so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler entries is Sunday, January 14, 2006 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If more than one correct entry is received then Gregg will draw one winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places.
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.