NetBeans 6.0 M6 Is Out
By Roman Strobl on I 17, 2007
Milestone 6 is out and you can download it from the development builds section. Choose 6.0 Q-Build to get it (the label will be changed to Milestone... it's Q-Build from historical reasons).
What's new and noteworthy?
- Most Java EE features are back in the build - they were disabled because of the editor infrastructure changes, so they had to be partially rewritten
- UI Gestures Collector - to gather how developers use NetBeans and improve usability and quality based on this information
- Ant 1.7.0 - which was btw released recently
- Tomcat 6.0.x support
- Profiler: Memory Profiling Improvements - mainly around heap dumps in case of OOMEs
- Profiler: 1.4.2 Profiling Support Removed - it is better to use standard JDK than JFluid VM
- New Network Proxy Settings UI what can be shared all over IDE - nice
- Unit Test Libraries Node - makes working with libraries more unified
- Maven project support - now available on development update center