Sun SPOT Red (V5.0) Beta
By roger on May 06, 2009
There is now a new Beta version of the Sun SPOT software available.
It includes the latest features like:
- Radio View - wireless network analysis tool
- Robot View - Robot Simulation
- Link Quality Routing Protocol - more reliable wireless communication
- SPOT Web demo - web integrated sensors
- Optional encryption library and demos
- Yggdrasil data collection framework and demos
Its freely available, easy to install and you can always revert back to previous versions. Take a look for yourself and let us know what you think on the forums. If you haven't installed the development kit yet, you can do so here.
Once you have done that, you can get the beta version using SPOT Manager by clicking on the "Preferences" tab and choosing "Beta Update Center"
Then go to the "SDKs" tab, choose the lasted release and click "Install." Its very easy.