By Rob Reynolds on May 13, 2013
Update: new doc Cookbook: Installing and Configuring Oracle BI Applications 188.8.131.52.1 now available on OTN.
The latest version of the Oracle BI Applications is now available for download on OTN. This new release uses Oracle Data Integration for the ETL tool as well as 2 new modules - Student Information Analytics, and Indirect Spend Planning.
This major new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications 11g adds:
1. New in-memory analytic applications
2. Significantly expand functional content across existing CRM and ERP Oracle BI Applications
3. Re-design to leverage the power of Oracle Data Integrator and, optionally, GoldenGate
4. New out-of-the-box utilities to increase productivity and further drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
New Oracle BI Applications:
· Oracle Student Information Analytics enables academic institutions to improve recruitment, lower dropout rate by tracking student attendance in real-time, monitor graduation rate, manage student financial transactions, and match up school resources with student needs more effectively.
· Oracle Indirect Spend Planning – a prebuilt planning application that teams with Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics to enable businesses to optimize spend through what-if modeling
New Content Enhancements: Significant expansion of content improves existing front and back-office Oracle BI Applications including:
· Oracle Human Resources Analytics expands analysis on HR programs and workforce performance with new
Time and Labor Analysis, global Payroll Analysis and Headcount Gain and Loss.
· Oracle Financial Analytics improves company Financial Performance with new Fixed Assets Analysis, providing complete lifecycle of assets from acquisitions, capitalization to retirements. Budgetary Control Analysis, ideal for public sector, delivers insight into expense & revenue budgets including analysis of budgeted amounts, encumbrances, expenditures, funds available, overspending, and recognized revenues.
· Oracle Project Analytics expands insight into project-based data with new Resource Management Analysis, providing visibility into project requirements, trending, utilization, competencies and alignment. Reconciliation of project sub-ledger and General Ledger assist project accountants in reconciling differences between the two ledgers for cost and revenue transactions. Perspective based dashboards provide an optimized Project Analytics user interface that orients the content around specific user perspectives.
· Oracle Supply Chain & Order Management Analytics introduces new Enhanced Inventory Analysis, providing deep insight into Inventory Cycle Count, Inventory Aging, Inventory Expiration/Obsolescence tracking and Inventory balances and transaction details at lot level. Item Cost History Analysis allows insight into historical cost of Supply Chain related items.
· Oracle Procurement & Spend Analytics introduces new Sourcing Analysis, providing a new comprehensive Sourcing Business Process that includes negotiations, awards, savings and performance. Award decisions will help identify trends and check if there is a margin for any savings opportunity.
· Oracle CRM Analytics expands insight into front office Analytics with Indirect Forecasting and Service Contracts support. Forecasting Analysis is now possible when submissions are made up a forecast hierarchy that is outside of the reporting hierarchy. Oracle Price Analytics has added E-Business Suite to the list of supported sources. Customers now have a ready means to assess pricing performance and arrest revenue and margin leakage. Robust price waterfall analysis possible with the new Waterfall view.
Check out the docs on OTN for more details.