Friday Feb 17, 2006
Wednesday Feb 08, 2006
Tuesday Jun 21, 2005
By rmd on Jun 21, 2005
The passion and robustness of the Linux SIG meeting was the highest I saw at the OAUG. Many experts debated what worked & what didn't a lot of questions revolved around interoperability/storage/costs/stability. With a little surprise it came out the linux was far from unbreakable if you didn't get your server and storage hardware from a vendor that supplies tested firmware/drivers , much like all other Operating Systems! Like Sun, Sadly I didn't see a linux expert running linux on their laptop and only afew of these linux experts had sites that would render correctly on my linux/solaris laptop :(
- Does Wikipedia Suck?
- Linux port to sun4v booted
- Economics of PC Storage part 2 - Hard Disks
- The Economics of PC Storage part 1
- "Putting a large number of these medium-sized cores on a chip is not optimal." - FUD
- Secret Linux port to sun4v
- Free WiFi
- Outstanding Questions for Sun, Intel, AMD and others...
- OpenSolaris Appliances
- Sun/Oracle Town Hall - "What does this mean for DBAs?"