Top Ten Ways You Know You're 50
By user12607856 on May 30, 2007
My 8 year old son gave me a birthday card today, with the title above. Here's what else it said:
- You take long elevator rides just to hear the music.
- Joggers pass you, and you're driving!
- You just love RV shows!
- You wonder why everyone else is starting to mumble.
- You start looking around for a checkers partner.
- Gravity is your worst enemy.
- You wonder why everything is in such small type.
- All of a sudden, everyone else seems to be getting taller.
- You begin every other sentence with "Nowadays..."
And last but not least...
- You find cards that make fun of being 50 tasteless and insensitive!
I suppose only relating to two out of the ten is good (heavily to #4 and partially to #5). Hopefully that means I'm still young at heart. As another "50 image" I found says, "I'm not 50! I'm 18 with 32 years experience."
Unlike the caption says on the back of the card, I did not fall asleep at #7.
And finally, a big thank you to my two aunties in England who still send me a birthday card each year. That's a lot of birthday cards!