Spicy vegetarian chili from scratch
By user12607856 on Sep 20, 2009
Just made an excellent spicy vegetarian chili from scratch.
- 3 tbl Olive oil
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced medium onion
- 6 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 diced large carrots
- 2 tbl chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 14 oz can of black beans
- 1 14 oz can of white beans
- 1 14 oz can of pinquito beans
- 1 28 oz can of roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of frozen corn
- 1 4 oz can of jalapeno chilies
- 3 tbl of tomato paste
- 3 chopped large mushrooms
- Heat oil in large saucepan until hot.
- Add red pepper, onion, garlic and carrot to pan and heat (medium to hot) for 8 minutes.
- Add spices to pan, stir and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno chilies and tomato paste to pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mushroom to pan, stir in, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
Serves 6-8 (depending how hungry you are).