Pylinting Again

Just like we did for Orca, I've been using pylint to find lint-like problems with the Python code for the GUI front-end to the OpenSolaris Image Packaging System (a.k.a. pkg).

See my post to the pkg-discuss mailing list on the current state of affairs with this.

As the official start date for my new job isn't until Monday, and I can't get into the Sun Menlo Park campus yet to use my spanking new OpenSolaris box, I've been building the pkg workspace on my Ubuntu Hardy system at home. Once I worked out all the dependencies to drag in all the C header files I needed, the rest of the build process was fairly straight forward. Some of the existing Makefile rules in the GUI Makefile are using Solaris make'isms, so they will have to be fixed up to work with something like GNU make. For now, I just hacked around it and got it all installed.

I find the current 8 space indentation jarring, and being an old fossil, I like my lines under 80 characters, but these are not the immediate things that will need changing. I hope they will get adjusted eventually though.

[]

[]

[]

Comments:

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

user12607856

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today