I Want a Linux/Unix Freeware Utility To ... - Update 17th Jan 2007
By user12607856 on Jan 16, 2007
I've made the following changes:
- Adjusted the document title so it's obvious that this refers to
Linux/Unix and not to Windows.
- Added a maintainer line, a version number and a "last updated" date
to the document, so you can determine if you have the latest version.
- Added in a "thanks" section for all the people who have
- Simplified the Categories list "removed the redundant "Freeware
- Removed a couple of duplicate entries in the list.
The original Windows list had this, but it's really not needed.
- Expanded the key. There are now little graphics icons for GNOME, KDE,
command line and "other" applications and a catchall "unknown" icon
for the ones I haven't fixed up yet.
- Added in a "Todo" section.
Lots of changes in the main body of the document. Lots of cutting and pasting. I could easily have made some mistakes. Please let me know if I have.
For the next iteration (in about a weeks time), I'm looking for help with the following:
- For all the entries which currently have a graphical icon showing
them to be in the "unknown" state, I'd like to adjust them to
indicate whether they are GNOME, KDE, CLI, X or "other" applications.
If you are familiar with these applications, please comment and save
me some time looking them all up. In some cases, their home pages don't
make it obvious what they are.
- Are there better links for each application then the ones that I am currently using? For the ones that are missing hyperlinks - what's the best link to use?
The next version of the document will probably also add in some of the other entries (the ones that make sense for a Linux/Unix platform) from the original Windows list that were not really of interest to me.
This list has now got much bigger than just me.