A summary of my more interesting recent twittering.
- Rhythmbox is much better than Amarok for managing my iPod
- All Scrubs episode now watched. Favorite moments are:
- Script to find dogs for @dustidog to follow on Twitter
Learned what the following/followers ratio is. Sigh.
- Love the new Export feature in the Sun blogging software
- Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow humans
- Use The "Egyptian Method" to Sleep Well on a Hot Night
- 50 Creative and Inspiring 404 Pages
The conspiracy one is my favorite.
- Zipper Pond in Taiwan
(via Make: Blog).
- Incredible rubber tire sculptures
- R.I.P. Walter Cronkite. I see Wikipedia have already updated his web page
- Twenty visualizations to understand crime:
(via Nat Torkington's blog).
- Love the current Google home page image for 40th Anniversary of
landing on the moon:
- Tut exhibition at the de Young museum in San Francisco
Last saw a Tut exhibition at British Museum in 1971.
(Update: the de Young exhibit is excellent. Plenty of things I hadn't
seen before, shown well and with lots of time to see it all).
- Wikipedia entry for the recent solar eclipse.
Was easily able to show him where it was with the help of their
animated gif (which now seems to be missing from their web page).
- Ordered our first jigsaw puzzle from Artifact Puzzles:
(Update: puzzle arrived over the weekend via Amazon. Very pleased
with it. Excellent value. 254 laser cut wooden pieces which took
us 2-1/4 hours to complete. One minor annoyance was that one of
the "tabs" on one of the pieces must have broke off when it was being
made, and had been white glued back on. When I went to fit it to its
neighbor, I had to force it because of a surplus of white glue
preventing a precision fit. Everything is fine, I just won't be
separating those two pieces ever again.
If anybody from Artifact Puzzles reads this, I recommend putting the
picture of the puzzle on the lid of the wooden box it comes in,
rather than the end. It's easier to hold that way, as you try to
match pieces against picture).
- Rice paddy crop art
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the complete picture.
(via MAKE: blog).
- Apollo software open sourced
I wonder if this makes it the oldest piece of FOSS.
(via MAKE: blog).
- 43 weird things said in job interviews
(My favorite question from an interviewee: "Will Sun pay for
my psychiatric treatment?")
- Amazon says they are sorry
That's a good start. Well done.
(via Make blog)
- "Old" news from May: World premiere of brain orchestra
There's something vaguely disturbing about this
(via Make: blog).
- Joseph Odhiambo, world record basketball dribbler
- 7 creative and highly original casual games to sharpen your mind
splitter is addictive.
(via Mountain View Public library Twitter @MVPublicLibrary)
- Blocks with Letters On is even more addictive than splitter
Don't go there!
[Technorati Tag: Links]