Using Database XE with SOA Suite
By Antony Reynolds-Oracle on Nov 02, 2006
Making DB XE work with SOA Suite
Many people have happily installed SOA Suite on top of an Oracle XE Database. However when they come to use it they run into problems with number of sessions being exceeded. For those of you a bit unclear on how to reconfigure XE to allow more sessions I offer the following advice.
- Log on to the database as system administrator (In SQL Plus "connect / as sysdba" will do the job)
- Set the number of processes to be 150 (In SQL Plus "alter system set processes=150 scope=spfile")
- Unset the number of sessions to remove the 20 session limit (In SQL Plus "alter system reset sessions scope=spfile sid='*'")
- Shutdown the database (In SQL Plus "shutdown immediate")
- Startup the database (In SQL Plus "startup")
- Check the changes have taken effect (in SQL Plus "show parameter sessions" and "show parameter processes") sessions has now been reset to a calculated value.
You should now have enough sessions available for the SOA Suite to use.