SOA Suite 10.1.3 Now Production
By Antony Reynolds on Oct 20, 2006
SOA Suite now in Production
Oracle SOA Suite 10.1.3 went into production yesterday. you can download it today from OTN. First thing you notice is that it is much easier to accept the license agreement on the web page so you can download it! So what do get in the box. There are two files to download;
- Oracle SOA Suite 10g Release 3
- This is the core SOA suite with everything outlined below. This has a single click install option to make it easy to install it on a developer machine, otherwise there is a multiclick install option to let you choose target database for repositories and select individual components.
- Oracle JDeveloper 10g Release 3
- This is the development environment for not just Java and PL/SQL but also for BPEL and ESB.
SOA Suite itself has a number of components
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Business Rules Engine
- BPEL PM
- Business Process Execution Language Process Manager
- Oracle Web Services Manager
- Business Activity Monitoring
All the above components with the exception of BAM are installed by a single install. BAM is currently a seperate install. There was a problem with putting it on OTN that should be fixed today - the download link was broken.
When installing SOA suite you also get a number of other components installed as outlined below;
- Oracle Process Monitoring and Notification service that starts processes, monitors them and restarts them if they fail.
- Oracle HTTP Server, our flavour of Apache
- Oracle Containers for J2EE, our J2EE engine
- Oracle Lite
- Oracle Lite database used as a repository for development purposes if a full Oracle database is not available.
Net result is an awful lot of functionality is laid down by a single install and an additional unzip (no install required) gives you a design time environment and another install gives you BAM! Great job by the 10.1.3.1 development team.