Changing SOA Suite HTTP Port
By Antony Reynolds on Aug 23, 2007
Changing SOA Suite HTTP PortI just had a call from a colleague asking how to change the HTTP port of a developer install of SOA Suite. He had a default installation on port 8888 and needed to change it to port 80 so that it would go through a firewall. So lets look at the steps needed to perform this change.
Process OutlineBasically this process has two steps
- Change the port number of the web server
- Change any references to that port number elsewhere in the install
Change the HTTP Listening PortFirst we need to change the listener to listen on port 80 instead of the default port 8888 (or whatever port was free on your install). the OC4J web listening port is set dynamically at run time by OPMN from an available port in a given range. The range for the HTTP port is always set to be a single port number and this is the port number we must change.
- Stop the SOA Suite running
- In directory $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin execute command 'opmnctl stopall'
- Edit the file $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/conf/opmn.xml
- Find the entry '<port id="default-web-site" range="8888" protocol=HTTP/>'
- Change the range to port 80
- Save the file
- Start the SOA Suite running
- In directory $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin execute command 'opmnctl startall'
Modify BPEL to use new Port NumberBPEL needs to know the port number it is listening on in order to construct SOAP endpoint addresses for use in WSDL and callbacks. We need to tell BPEL that the port number has changed.
- Go to BPEL Admin 'http://localhost/BPELAdmin'
- Log in as 'oc4jadmin'
- Change the following entries to have port 80
- Click 'apply'
Reload BPEL ProcessesAt this point I would reload any deployed processes, making sure that I revalidated them before deploying because any partner links referring to existing processes on this server will now be pointing to the wrong port!
Change Build ParametersIf you plan on using ant to deploy applications then update it to the new port number.
- Edit $ORACLE_HOME/bpel/utilities/ant-orabpel.properties
- Change the http.port property to the correct value
If you plan on deploying from the samples directory then remember to go through and change all partner link port numbers in the bpel.xml files.
Voila! the Job is Done!That's all folks - simple really if you know where to look!
For other ways of doing this look in the documentation for 10.1.3 here.