Tuesday Mar 26, 2013
Tuesday Dec 11, 2012
By David Dorf-Oracle on Dec 11, 2012
I've mentioned in the past that Oracle has invested quite a bit in acquiring social companies to build out its Social Relationship Management suite. The concept is to shift away from transactions and towards engagement. Social media represents a great opportunity to engage with customers, learn what they want, and personalize the shopping experience for them.
I look at SRM as the bridge between traditional CRM and CX. If you're looking for ideas, check out Five Social Retailing Suggestions and Social Analytics and the Customer. There are lots of ways to leverage social media to enhance the customer experience and thus drive more sales.
My friends over at 8th Bridge have just released their Social IQ report in which they rate retailers on their social capabilities. They also produced a nice infographic so you can consume the data quickly, but I'd still encourage you to download the full report.
Retailers interested in upping their SRM abilities should definitely stop by the Oracle booth at NRF in January.
- Five Eye-Opening, Cloud-Related Predictions for 2025
- Perry Ellis International: Steps to a 6-Month Enterprise Implementation
- Special Offer: Fast, Cost-Effective Path to Cloud-Based Ecommerce
- No Time to Lose: The Power of Omnichannel and Customer Knowledge
- Accelerated Implementations: Take the Guesswork Out of Clearance Pricing Strategies
- 5 Benefits of Implementing a Modern Fashion Planning Solution
- Growing Retailers Get Best-in-Class Solution with Merchandise Financial Planning Cloud Service
- 30 Retailer Speakers Confirmed for Oracle Retail Industry Connect 2016
- Speed, Security, and Best Practices in the Cloud: Oracle Releases Market-Leading Retail Demand Forecasting Solution
- Four Reasons to Attend Oracle Retail Industry Connect 2016