Tuesday Mar 26, 2013
Tuesday Dec 11, 2012
By David Dorf-Oracle on Dec 11, 2012
I've mentioned in the past that Oracle has invested quite a bit in acquiring social companies to build out its Social Relationship Management suite. The concept is to shift away from transactions and towards engagement. Social media represents a great opportunity to engage with customers, learn what they want, and personalize the shopping experience for them.
I look at SRM as the bridge between traditional CRM and CX. If you're looking for ideas, check out Five Social Retailing Suggestions and Social Analytics and the Customer. There are lots of ways to leverage social media to enhance the customer experience and thus drive more sales.
My friends over at 8th Bridge have just released their Social IQ report in which they rate retailers on their social capabilities. They also produced a nice infographic so you can consume the data quickly, but I'd still encourage you to download the full report.
Retailers interested in upping their SRM abilities should definitely stop by the Oracle booth at NRF in January.
David Dorf, Sr Director Technology Strategy for Oracle Retail, shares news and ideas about the retail industry with a focus on innovation and emerging technologies.
- Aerosoles Taps Responsive Design, Omni-Channel Fulfillment to Boost E-Commerce Performance with DMI
- Wicked Fast Delivery
- Glance User Experience
- Amazon Leading the Charge Again
- Smart Growth Strategies, Part III: Leverage the Cloud to Grow Profitably
- The Next Steps for Subscription Commerce
- Smart Growth Strategies, Part II: Make Big Data Actionable with Big Science
- How Leveraging the Cloud Can Unleash Retailers’ Business Agility
- Smart Growth Strategies, Part I: Growth is Good. Smart Growth is Better
- Pure-play Retail is Doomed