Tuesday Mar 26, 2013
Tuesday Dec 11, 2012
By David Dorf-Oracle on Dec 11, 2012
I've mentioned in the past that Oracle has invested quite a bit in acquiring social companies to build out its Social Relationship Management suite. The concept is to shift away from transactions and towards engagement. Social media represents a great opportunity to engage with customers, learn what they want, and personalize the shopping experience for them.
I look at SRM as the bridge between traditional CRM and CX. If you're looking for ideas, check out Five Social Retailing Suggestions and Social Analytics and the Customer. There are lots of ways to leverage social media to enhance the customer experience and thus drive more sales.
My friends over at 8th Bridge have just released their Social IQ report in which they rate retailers on their social capabilities. They also produced a nice infographic so you can consume the data quickly, but I'd still encourage you to download the full report.
Retailers interested in upping their SRM abilities should definitely stop by the Oracle booth at NRF in January.
- Retailers Expand Commerce Faster with Oracle Cloud
- Single View of Inventory Means Growth for Retailers Nordstrom and Lids Sports Group
- Keeping Pace With the Speed of Retail Technology
- Oracle Retail 15: Evolving Commerce Anywhere Capabilities
- 4 Essential Considerations for Hassle-free, Low-risk Returns
- Nordstrom Drives International and Omni-Channel Growth with Oracle Solutions
- Fall into the Gap Inc: Upgrade to New Global Retail Systems
- Analyst Reports: IHL Market Studies Name Oracle Retail a Leader in POS Software for Hardgoods and Softgoods
- Ready Set Go: Last Day to Shop & Ship
- Introducing a Retail Engineered System to Support Commerce Anywhere