Private label holds tremendous opportunity for retailers, but with that comes inherent risk.
Establishing and maintaining a high-level of trust in respect to a retailer’s brand promise is critical to the long-term sustainability and growth of their private label assortment.
As the supply chain becomes more complex and consumers demand more transparency on the sourcing, components, ethical development and sustainable nature of the products they purchase, retailers are challenged to bring new products to market fast while maintaining real-time, accurate information from their supply chains.
This newly-released private brand report examines the state of the industry in North America and intends to provide retail leaders with tangible takeaways for navigating the risks and rewards of private brands in the modern retail ecosystem.
Over the past five years, the dollar volume of private label within the mass retail channel has grown more than 41%
, from $43.1 billion in 2013 to $60.8 billion in 2018, far outpacing national brands’ 7.4% growth in the same period.
, the U.S. currently trails markets like the U.K. and Australia in private label market share, signaling there may be further opportunity for growth. This growth translates into dollars for retailers, who can realize 25-30%
higher margins on private label goods than from branded products.
What's Inside the Report?
- State of the Private Label Industry
- Regulations and Legislative Requirements
- Solving Complexity for Private Label Success
- Overview of Successful Private Brand Retailers Using Oracle Retail Brand Compliance
Brand Compliance Customers in North America
Global Impact of Oracle Retail Brand Compliance
- Nearly 70%: the Share of grocers worldwide managing product specifications and supplier compliance
- Over 80%: the Share of the world’s primary private label suppliers using solution
- Over 1,000,000: the Number of products developed and protected
- Over 10,000: the Number of suppliers concurrently managing product specifications each day in the solution
- Over 1,000,000: the Number of supply chain trading relationships visible through the solution
Growing Your Private Brand Share
Whether you are a retailer already with an established private label line that you want to further grow or deciding whether to make the investment, having the right technology to provide complete visibility into the supply chain is imperative. See how some retailers are getting ahead. Click here for the full report.
Attending PLMA’s U.S. Private Label Trade Show in Chicago, Nov. 17-19th and want to meet?
Email Doug Macdonald to set up a meeting time.