The A.P.P.L.E. Way
By David Dorf on Jun 16, 2011
The WSJ just did an interesting deep-dive on the Apple retail stores, interviewing current and past employees and obtaining some of their training manuals. One of the things that stuck out for me was the fact that they aren't really relying on some technology advantage -- its about carefully controlling the customer experience. For example, they use the acronym APPLE as follows:
- A - Approach customers with a personalized warm welcome
- P- Probe politely to understand all the customer's needs
- P - Present a solution for the customer to take home today
- L- Listen for and resolve any issues or concerns
- E- End with a fond farewell and an invitation to return.