By David Dorf-Oracle on Aug 20, 2009
- Dial 1-877-247-5341, a free call, from a cell phone. You're presumably doing this from within the store.
- The voice response system says something like, "hey, you're a first-time caller so here's how this works." It then explains how the system will help me find the product I'm looking for.
- Say the city and state. In this case, I used "St. Louis, Missouri."
- Say the store. In this case, I used "Ace Harwdare."
- The system correctly identified the Manchester Road store and offered to text me a $5 coupon. I accepted and the coupon immediately hit my cell phone.
- The system asked for the product I was searching for. I said "toilet flapper."
- The system announced an ad, I believe it was for furnace filters.
- Then it told me the toilet flappers were located on aisles 17a and 18.
- It also offered to text the info to me , which I accepted.
So in exchange for listening to a 5 second ad, I got a coupon and the location of the product I was searching for. Not bad. But I wonder how accurate most retailers keep their plan-o-grams. I would be pretty frustrated if that toilet flapper wasn't in either of those aisles.
More information at Mobile Marketer.