Documentation for Oracle Retail Order Broker Cloud Service, Release 18.1
Order Broker Cloud Service includes the following Cloud Service Modules:
- Routing Engine: Distributed order broker that determines inventory availability across the enterprise, and uses advanced business rules to select locations that can fulfill orders
- Supplier Direct Fulfillment: Web-based vendor portal enabling vendors to share purchase orders and shipping information to simplify drop shipment
- Store Connect: Web portal that enables store associates to process and fulfill omni-channel orders
Oracle Retail Order Broker Cloud Service is hosted in the Oracle Retail Cloud.
- Order fulfillment through Oracle Retail Integration Cloud Service (RICS).
- Importing products, store and warehouse locations, product locations, and inventory information through Omnichannel Cloud Data Service (OCDS).
- New screens and options to configure, manage, and monitor these integrations.
- Instructions on configuring the systems in an organization to support the new order fulfillment and data import processes.
The following documents were also published for this release:
- Release Notes
- Vendor Portal Online Help
- Vendor Integration Guide
- Store Connect Online Help
The documentation set is available at the Oracle Help Center as part of the already existing product documentation library:
Supplemental information, including a detailed list of all changes and enhancements, is available on My Oracle Support.