To reflect the Oracle Retail enterprise applications newest code base, the 14.1 release of the Oracle Retail application enterprise includes new End User documents, considerable updates to existing End User documentation sets, and a wide range of new White Papers and Technical Papers.
Over 200 documents have been published; highlights from each solution unit's documentation sets are addressed below.
- A re-written Oracle Retail Sales Audit (ReSA) User Guide to reflect the significantly-enhanced user interface (UI).
- A new ReSA Operational Insights Reports User Guide, addressing operational business intelligence reporting in a retail environment.
- A new ReSA Operations Guide that addresses the enhanced ReSA architecture, ReSA batch processing and more.
- An updated RMS User Guide addressing VAT enhancements, Item Induction, and more, as well as a new Item Induction White Paper (Doc ID 1944651.1) on My Oracle Support.
- An updated RMS Operations Guide with information about Item Induction and the RESTful Web Service Implementation for RMS.
- An updated Merchandising Implementation Guide with information about Oracle Retail Application Security Roles Manager (RASRM) and more.
- A new JMS Console Guide providing key installation and operation information the new JMS Console application, a web application for monitoring, browsing and managing the messages flowing through a JMS system.
- The RPAS Fusion Client User Guide and the RPAS Configuration User Guide have been updated to address how Visual data can be displayed in worksheets, and more.
- RPAS backend documentation addresses the new Hybrid Storage Architecture (HSA), an RPAS component that resides within an Oracle Database and facilitates integration between domains.
- A new Technical Paper on My Oracle Support also addresses HSA: Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server 14.1 Hybrid Architecture White Paper (Doc ID 1927014.1)
- The Assortment Planning (AP) User Guide for the RPAS Fusion Client has been enhanced in conjunction with the application's new functionality.
- The Category Management User Guide for the RPAS Fusion Client has been enhanced in conjunction with the application's new functionality.
- Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) functional and technical documentation was updated to address new Causal Forecasting with an external baseline, support for a 53 week calendar, Fusion Taskflow usability, and more.
- The Advanced Science Engine (ORASE) Documentation has been enhanced for new functionality and re-branded as a result of the combining of the ORASE applications into one installation process.
- The first ORASE Data Model is available on My Oracle Support.
- Oracle Retail Warehouse Management (RWMS) functional and technical documentation was updated to address new Labor Management functionality and more.
- Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) functional and technical documentation was updated to address enhanced functionality, including ticketing, GS1 databare capture information, and In-store Replenishment.
- Oracle Retail POS Suite, including Mobile Point-of-Service, functional and technical documentation was updated to address enhanced functionality, including item search, extended customer/item data, mobile order create.