JavaOne 2008 is over!
By Rechtacek's on May 09, 2008
As quickly as JavaOne 2008 was opened it was over.
I saw a couple of interesting sessions or BOFs, some of them were amazing, a few a little boring and I think it was good stuff. I can meet many of NetBeans platform users which the best one benefit such congresses.
Among other things, a lot amazing parties belong to JavaOne as well as technical sessions. In the end, the After Dark party with some Rock music on the stage. However it was over over very quickly too
In short my top five remarks plus one more:
- to see several real application built on NetBeans platform in action
- to see that Autoupdate/Plugin Manager was taken as worthy and users have appropriated changes for NetBeans6
- showing of Being Shared Platform built on NetBeans platform: Creating Better Applications at Boeing with the NetBeans™ Platform Application Framework
- interesting comparison Eclipse RCP and NetBeans Platform
- very cool presentation Ten Ways to Destroy Your Community from Josh Berkus
- ... and my experience to contribute to JavaOne stuff with our introduction of Feature On Demand concept (more personals in A few words about my BOF)