Do you know the plugin Missing Modules Resolver?
By Rechtacek's on Mar 13, 2008
Haven't you ever seen that NetBeans IDE cannot start all modules? And did the dialog Disable or Exit IDE come? It shouldn't but rarely happened sometime.
You have to decide to either disable the affected module/s or exit launching of IDE. There was no way how solve it. Only reinstall IDE or investigate the problem deeply. 
Now the plugin Missing Module Resolver could help you to resolve the problem. The resolver does find of all IDE modules which are installed but cannot be loaded by NetBeans Module System because have broken module-to-module dependency, probably some modules are missing. If the missing module is available on any Update Center then the Resolver will download and install them. In the end the Missing Module Resolver switch on the affected modules again.
How the resolver works?
- Checks all modules installed in IDE if has some problem.
- If any module cannot be loaded then pop-up a dialog with found problem.
- You can invoke resolving the problem. The Missing Module Resolver query all Update Center if there is the missing module. If succeed then offer download and install it.
- After install the affected module will be switch on again. And that's it
How to get this module?
- Download the NBM to your desktop
- Invoke Tools|Plugins dialog
- Install the NBM file in Download tab
- the Missing Module Resolver could be presently on Beta Update Center in NB6.0 and NB6.1 and will be among Available plugins in Plugins dialog.
Try that plugin and enjoy it.
 Why a module cannot be switch on aka enabled? Most of module depends on other modules and cannot be loaded without them. If you are used to switching more user dirs or customize your IDE installation externally, it can lead to problems like that. Of course, it might be caused by Plugin Manager in case of bug