AVS is Open-Sourced!!
By stracy on Feb 02, 2007
On ground-hog day? Why not!!
A hidden gem in our software portfolio, AVS provide block-based remote replication and point-in-time copy as well as a very interesting filter driver framework in the kernel. Check it out!
What can you use this with?- Any Filesystem (UFS, QFS, ZFS, etc.)
- Any Volume manager (SVM, VxVM)
- Any Database (Oracle, Sybase, etc)
- Any raw device (JBOD, RAID, LOFI, etc.)
- Any block-based protocol or storage (DAS, SAN, iSCSI, etc.)
- Any Application (data, CD images, etc)
- S10 x86 or SPARC platform
Where is it used today?
- Bundled with the Netra HA product
- Qualified with GEOCluster
All sorts of possibilities exist - DR/Hotswap site setup, Data on disk migration to new hardware, the introduction of filter driver (Encryption? - The sky is the limit). Coupled with iSCSI Target this makes a nice piece of storage with fully functioning remote mirroring and point in time copy capabilities. Help us think of other cool combinations/additions. Suggestions welcome - invent opportunities!!
Shoot. Score!! The goalie was no where near that one.