JSR 309 and jVoiceBridge without CAFE
By prasads on Feb 24, 2010
Sailfin CAFE bundles a JSR 309 adapter that works with jVoiceBridge Media Server . This is primarily to support the Conferencing and Player/Recorder features in CAFE. However , this adapter can also be used standalone with jVoiceBridge without using CAFE APIs. This is useful if anyone wants to play around with JSR 309.
Here are the steps that one needs to follow to achieve this.
1. Download Sailfin CAFE from
Getting hold of jVoiceBridge
2. Once you do 'mvn install' the jVoiceBridge will be available at
3. cd JVB_HOME. Edit run.properties to specify the IP address of the machine where the JVB will run. Also make sure that the SIP port is set to something other than 5060 since 5060 will be used by Sailfin SIP Stack.
4. ant -f run.xml should start the jVoiceBridge and spew out the log on the console
Getting hold of the JSR 309 RA
5. The JSR 309/jVoiceBridge adapter is available at
Deploying and working with JSR 309 RA
6. Deploy the jvb-ra.rar to Sailfin using the asadmin command. Make sure that the jVoiceBridge and Sailfin instance are running.
Note that the 309 implementation is not yet at the FR level of the JSR 309 specification.