Oracle’s Fiscal 2020 started this month (June) and we wanted to share some updates regarding Oracle EPM Cloud.
Thank you to Margaret Reed, Mark Rinaldi and Al Marciante for their presentation on this topic.
Oracle EPM Cloud Terminology:
- Oracle EPM is the Cloud
- Previous EPM Cloud Services (FCCS, EPBCS, etc) are referred to as Business Processes
- Moving away from “CS” acronyms
- “PBCS” and “EPBCS” are now referred to as “Planning”
- “Frameworks” (Financials, Workforce, Capital, etc) are now Modules
- “Enterprise Performance Reporting” is now “Narrative Reporting”
What Do These Changes Mean for Existing Customers?
- Functionally – business as usual
- Continued monthly feature enhancements and issue resolutions thru life of subscription
- Ability to add users to subscription
- At subscription renewal, can migrate to new EPM Cloud SKUs. For more information, click here.
- For subscription conversion, please work with your sales team.
- EPM Cloud Evolution
- Documentation and online help (videos, etc) will evolve to EPM Cloud strategy & terminology
- Minimal changes to user interfaces, with the exception of R13/Oracle SaaS alignment in the future
At a quick glance, refer to the screenshots below for more information:
"What's New" for EPM Cloud Business Processes:
- Enterprise Data Management What’s New
- Financial Consolidation and Close What’s New
- Narrative Reporting What’s New
- Planning What’s New
- Tax Reporting What’s New
- Profitability and Cost Management What's New