What is the EPM Cloud backup, archive, and restore strategy?
Thank you to Vinay Gupta, Consulting Member of the Technical Staff, for the presentation on this topic.
Oracle Cloud Services Backup Strategy
Oracle Cloud Hosting and Delivery Policy states:
- Oracle periodically makes backups of Your production data in the Oracle Cloud Services for Oracle's sole use to minimize data loss in the event of an incident. Backups are stored at the primary site used to provide the Oracle Cloud Services, and may also be stored at an alternate location for retention purposes. A backup is typically retained online or offline for a period of at least 60 days after the date that the backup is made. Oracle typically does not update, insert, delete or restore Your data on Your behalf. However, on an exception basis and subject to written approval, Oracle may assist You to restore data which You may have lost as a result of Your own actions.
- For Oracle Cloud Services which enable You to configure backups in accordance with Your own policies, You are responsible for performing backups and restores of Your data, non-Oracle software, and any Oracle software that is not provided by Oracle as part of these services. Additionally, You are encouraged to develop a business continuity plan to ensure continuity of Your own operations in the event of a disaster.
- Oracle Cloud Hosting and Delivery Policies
EPM Cloud Daily Backups
- The daily maintenance window backs up your artifacts and data, and creates Artifact Snapshot.
- Artifact Snapshot is created primarily to restore your service instance in the case of a catastrophic failure.
- Oracle recommends that you download the Artifact Snapshot and archive it to a local machine daily so that it can be imported back at a future date, if needed.
- You can use EPM Automate to automate the downloading and archiving of the daily Artifact Snapshots
- EPM Automate sample script to automate downloading and archiving daily Artifact Snapshots.
Option to Use Oracle Compute and Storage Cloud Services
- If you do not want to run the EPM Automate script and archive the daily Artifact Snapshots on-premise, you can acquire Oracle Compute and Storage Cloud services, and run the EPM Automate script and archive the daily Artifact Snapshots in the cloud.