How to make Workforce work for you?
Thank you to Mark Rinaldi, Director, Product Management, for his presentation on this topic.
Does the Out-of-Box (OOB) Feature Not Do What You Need? If so, try to modify the OOO feature than build it from scratch!
- Do Not Fear the Calculation Manager Template
- A lot of the Content is “Noise” that can be Ignored
- Once Past the “Noise,” it is Normal Calculation Manager
- Do Not Fear the Member Formula
- A lot of Logic is in Account Member Formulae
- Most Member Formulae in WFP are NOT set to Dynamically Calculate
- Many Sections are Duplicated Due to Available Options
- Additional Earnings, Benefits, and Taxes
What's New in Workforce?
- 18.01 – Select Upper Level Entities for Process Loaded Data and Synch Rules
- Excludes OEP_Total Entity
- 18.03 Strategic Workforce Planning Cloud Service
- New Product for HR Domain
- 18.04 – Simplified Merit Increase
- No Need to Load Performance Ratings for Each Employee
- Applies Generically for All Employees
- Rates Can Vary by Entity
- 18.05 – HCM to Workforce Metadata
What’s Coming (Soon) in Workforce?
- Benefits & Taxes Wizard (B&T) Support for Entity Dimension
- B&T Rates by Month
- One-time Update for Existing Applications to Copy from BegBalance to Months
- Enter at YearTotal if Same Rate per Month (same as today)
- Expand Columns to Enter Rates per Month
- B&T Rates Applied to Multiple Entities (Copy Rates Rule)
- Enter for One and Copy to Others
- Can Select Parent Members as Target
- Uses @RELATIVE([Entity],0)
- B&T New Component Type = Custom
- Apply Conditional Logic
- Use Custom Driver (Not limited to % of Salary, % Overall Earnings, % Taxable Earnings)
- Re-use B&T Properties for Your Own Purposes
- B&T Monthly Threshold Scope
- B&T Member Selection for One-Time Pay Option
- Add TBH…
- Use Default Assignments (Same as Today)
- Select a Salary Grade
- Enter Your Own Salary!
- Change Requisition
- Change Status
- Change Salary Information
- Reduce/Extend End Date
- Performance Enhancements
- Define FIXPARALLEL Dimension for Existing Templates/Rules
- Data Management (DM) Delta Load and Calculate Process
- General Cleanup of Nested FIX Statements, etc.
What's Coming Next...
- Key Assumptions per Month (e.g. Work Days per Month)
- Separate Year Range Per Scenario
- Transfer Employee Across Custom Dimensions
- Change Properties Across Time Range (e.g. Fill To End of Year/File)
- Reduced Data Load Requirements
- Configurability of Default Assignment Drivers
- B&T Support for Custom Dimensions
- Custom Dimensions in Default Reporting Cube (OEP_REP)
- Configurability of Employee Properties Valid in OEP_REP
- Increase/Decrease # of Earnings, Benefits, and Taxes Accounts
- Mass Actions
- Presentation - click to view presentation by Mark Rinaldi, Director, Product Management