Are you thinking about migrating from Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM) to Account Reconciliation Cloud (ARCS)? If so, check out the prerequisites and steps below to complete this task.
Thank you to Vijaykumar Salegar Senior Member of the Technical Staff, for his presentation on this topic.
- Financial Close Management (FCM) must be on 18.104.22.168.250 or later
- Account Reconciliation Cloud must be 17.12 or later.
- Account Reconciliation Cloud must not contain any user-created data.
- Users must have the same IDs and roles as within Financial Close Management
- Create users on the cloud with the same IDs, or federate the local LDAP to Cloud.
Exporting data from Account Reconciliation Manager
- In Shared Services, navigate to Financial Close Management.
- Select the Reconciliation Manager node and only the artifacts applicable to Account Reconciliation Manager under Common
- For example, Calendars, Currencies, Holiday Rules, Organizational Units, and Teams.
- Run export, and then download the exported file to a local server.
Importing data into Account Reconciliation Cloud:
Step 1 of 4
- In Account Reconciliation Cloud, navigate to Console, then Migration, then Snapshots.
- Upload the file downloaded earlier from Financial Close Management
Step 2 of 4:
- Select only the Common node and run import
Step 3 of 4:
- Import everything under Reconciliation Manager except Profiles and Reconciliations
Step 4 of 4:
- Finally, import Profiles and Reconciliations
Note about dependencies on Data Management:
- Balances from Account Reconciliation Manager are visible in Account Reconciliation Cloud after migration. However, you cannot drill back for these balances.
- You can reconfigure the balances within Data Management. To access Data Management, go to the Navigator, then Reconciliation Compliance. Then click Data Management.