Migration and Backups in EPM Cloud
Thank you to Bill Fox for his presentation on this topic!
Migration enables you to perform Lifecycle Management activities within Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud services other than Narrative Reporting.
A good backup is very important because it is the most efficient way to migrate environments and can restore the environment to a known state. It is important to note that the backup is the responsibility of the customer.
Most efficient way to migrate environments
- Migrate to different ID Domain
- Migrate from Legacy to EPM Enterprise
- Migrate from Test to Production
- And from Production to Test
- Create Archive of important snapshots
- Create DR Standby Environments
Migrating from Legacy EPM Cloud to EPM Enterprise / EPM Standard:
Migration and Considerations for URLs:
Remember, when migrating snapshots to a new location, the URL will be different. Change URL references for:
- EPM Automate Scripts
- REST APIs
- User Access
- Smart View Connections
- Data Loads
Note: Instead of hard-coding URLs, it might be better to access them referentially by variable. Then all you need to do is change the value of the variable.
Migrating from Hyperion On-premises to EPM Cloud
- Migrate Planning to Cloud
- Migrate Financial Management Cloud
- Migrate Financial Close Management to Cloud (Account Reconciliation)
- Migrate Profitability and Cost Management to Cloud
- Migrate Strategic Finance to Strategic Modeling Cloud
- Migrate Data Relationship Management to Cloud (Enterprise Data Management
Check out the presentation for details on the following migration resources:
- Migration Resources: Narrative Reporting:
- Migration Resources: Tax Reporting & Financial Consolidation and Close
- Migration Resources: Planning / Modules, Profitability & Cost Management
- Migration Resources: Enterprise Data Management & Account Reconciliation