The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud (TRCS) update:
Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud (TRCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, September 1, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, September 15, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
NOTE: You can migrate maintenance snapshots from the current version of the service instance to the preceding version or to the next version. For example, snapshots from 17.08 can be imported into 17.07 and 17.09 service instances. Migration between the same versions is always supported.
- Creating Alternate Hierarchies for the Entity Dimension
- Setting FX Rates for Entities
- Rollover for Country by Country Reporting (CbCR)
- Support for Single Sign-on Using Oracle Identity Cloud Services (IDCS)
- Automatic Application Snapshot Uploads to Facilitate Troubleshooting
- Integrated Business Process Navigation Flows
- Customizing the Application Interface with Navigation Flows
- Enhancements to the Activity Report
- Selecting Identity Domain
- New REST API, Copy Snapshot
- Simplified Provisioning Report
- Give Us Documentation Feedback
Removal of Support:
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud - Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management. This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration will be phased out starting the September update to the service. If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client - Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports. Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- EPM Automate
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1