The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud (TRCS) update:
Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud (TRCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will begin applying the latest updates to EPM Cloud Test environments starting at 22:00 UTC-8 (2:00pm Pacific Time) Friday, January 5, 2018 and to Production environments on Friday, January 19, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC-8 . The updates will be applied to your EPM Cloud environments during the first subsequent Daily Maintenance.
The Oracle Help Center, which provides access to updated documentation, will also be available on January 5, 2018.
- Relocate EPM Cloud Environments from One Identity Domain to Another
- New EPM Getting Started Guides
- Refer to the January 2018 - Defects updates for the full list.
- Using Firefox ESR 52.4.2 with Smart View-
- Mozilla Firefox has phased out support for XUL-based add-ons such as Smart View. Only add-ons and extensions built with new web extension technology will work in newer versions of Firefox. Therefore, Smart View 126.96.36.199.710 and newer only supports Firefox versions up to ESR 52.4.1. If you want to continue using Firefox with Smart View 188.8.131.52.710 and newer, do not upgrade your Firefox browser.
- If your Firefox browser is set to automatically install updates, Oracle recommends changing the setting to “Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them.” See the Firefox help for instructions on changing this setting.
- EPM Automate - When using EPM Automate, log out and log in again after importing a Financial Close Management (FCM) snapshot to refresh the icons on the Home page.
- Navigator - You may receive inaccurate messages from Navigator if pop-up blockers are enabled. Disable pop-up blockers in your browser to avoid this.
- Academy - In the Academy, some pages and icons may appear different in the video and the Cloud service.
Removal of Support:
- Classic Dimension Editor
- With the March 2018 (18.03) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor. Effective March 2018 (March 2, 2018 for test and March 16, 2018 for production environments), the Simplified Dimension Editor will be the only interface available to edit and manage dimensions.
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management.
- This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration is being phased out starting with the September update to the service.
- If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1