Reporting and Smart View Update
As of April 2021
Thank you to Dave Roberts, Shaji Puthanveettil, Tom Lefebvre and Al Marciante, Oracle EPM Cloud, for the presentation on this topic. You can also watch the recording of the presentation.
What We Announced via a Disclosure Management Statement of Direction
Note: You can still use Narrative Reporting report packages to create your financial statements and narratives as part of the disclosure process.
Narrative Reporting Report Packages
Report Package – New Doclet Versioning Optimization (21.03)
- The Doclet versioning process has been updated to minimize the impact of repetitive automated check-ins.
- Previously, any system update to a Doclet file, like updating variable values or embedded content, resulted in a new Doclet version being generated.
- Now the system will only generate a new Doclet version on an automated update if the prior version was created by a user initiated check in.
- Repetitive automated check-ins will be fully audited but will no longer cause new versions to be generated.
- This optimization improves the retention of user updated Doclet versions. Allowing users to better revert back to a prior version they uploaded to the Doclet.
Reports (aka Management Reporting)
Reports New Features
- New Chart Property To Exclude Plotting Zero Data Values
- Dynamic Custom Min/Max for Y-axis in Charts
- Formula Bar Auto-complete for Manual Entry of Functions and Members
- Auto Align Prefix/Suffix in Cell Number Format
- Suppress #missing reports in a Book
- Bursting to Static Excel for Reports
Smart View New Features (Windows 20.200)
- Support for Drill-Through to Source
- Vanity URL Support
- Health Check for Microsoft Office Documents
- Cell Styles Now Support Multiple Style Properties
- New Indentation Option for Standard Mode Ad Hoc Grids
- Saving ad-hoc Grids in Standard mode
- URL Mapping
Smart View New Features (Mac/Browser)
- UX Enhancements - React UI
- Planning admin Extension bug fixes
- Function builder
- Support for HsAlias
- Fix Links
- Task List
- And Insert attribute
- Submit and Calc – Business rules as a dialog
- Context menu layout
What’s Coming in Narrative Reporting
Oracle Safe Harbor applies
Report Package Features in Development
- Shared Report Package content
- Linked Regular Doclets (similar to Linked MR doclets)
- Linked Excel Reference Doclets
- Global Variables
- Improved Doclet Processing
- Heavy processing actions moved to background process
- Improved end user interaction
- Embedded Content Resolution
- Improved resolution of embedded images