Monthly Update Schedule:
This document outlines the announcements and known issues in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Service update. Oracle applies the monthly service update to your test environment on the first Friday of every month and to your production environment on the third Friday of every month.
We would like to inform you of the upcoming monthly update for your Oracle Cloud environments. We will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, May 5, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, May 19, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
- Support for Larger Outlines When Copying POVs - You can now copy partial Point of View (POV) data for applications with larger underlying Essbase outlines. To do this, you must now select a model view, which enables you to define a portion of the POV data to be copied. The Allocated Values and Adjustment Values copy options are removed. Equivalent parameters are added to and removed from the Copy ML POV Data REST API resource and the copypov EPM Automate operation.
- Customized Home Page Background Color - Service Administrators can now replace the default background color with a different color theme.
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections - Currently, Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud supports only Private Connections with Smart View.
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules - Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud does not allow special characters in artifact names, including calculation rules. If you are migrating an application from on-premise Profitability and Cost Management, you must remove any special characters from rule names before you perform the migration.
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease.
Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1