The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, October 6, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, October 20, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Announcements and Known Issues:
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- Express Editing for Calculation Rules
- Using Aliases in Program Documentation Reports
- Shared Dimension Members Are Visible in Dimension Management
- Applications Are Always Enabled
- Set All Dimensions for a Point of View at One Time
- 26718035 - Dashboards in the Oracle Cloud My Services portal now correctly display the size of the service instance data on the disc
- 26784648 - When importing a Financial Reporting report in Smart View as Fully-Formatted, the values for cells which have replacement text that contains both numeric and non-numeric characters are no longer stripped of the non-numeric characters.
- 25559995 - In Smart View, The error, "Member does not exist for the specified cube," no longer occurs when performing drill-through to FDMEE sources.
- 26393289 - You no longer receive an error when selecting the members of each dimension in Financial Reporting Web Studio.
- 26774110 - In Profitability and Cost Management Cloud, those with the User role now can submit data with Smart View but those with the Viewer role cannot.
- 26681448 - When updating an attribute dimension member using dimension management in Profitability and Cost Management Cloud, the modified data is now updating correctly.
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease.
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Microsoft Excel Known Issue That Affects Smart View for Office
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1