The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, September 1, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, September 15, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Announcements and Known Issues:
- Integrated Business Process Navigation Flows
- Automatic Application Snapshot Uploads to Facilitate Troubleshooting
- Support for Single Sign-on Using Oracle Identity Cloud Services (IDCS)
- Simplified Provisioning Report
- Enhancements to the Activity Report
- New REST API, Copy Snapshot
- Selecting Identity Domain
- Support for Deleting Dimensions in Dimension Management
- Support for Editing Multiple Alias Tables in Dimension Management
- Sorting Rows and Columns in Analysis Views
- Making Multiple Copies of Rules
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
- Give Us Documentation Feedback
- 26614891 - In Financial Reporting, the vertical scroll bar is now displayed correctly in the "Respond to Prompts" popups.
- 26583972 - When importing a Financial Reporting report in Smart View as Fully-Formatted, the values for cells which have replacement text that contains both numeric and non-numeric characters are no longer stripped of the non-numeric characters.
- 26550929 - In Profitability and Cost Management, navigation improvements within the Calculation screen have produced performance gains.
- 26540610 - In Financial Reporting Web Studio, if you have a grid with more than 20 columns and you click Save after making a change, you are no longer returned to the far left of the report.
- 26421993 - In Financial Reporting Web Studio, when a default member for a prompt is left blank, you no longer receive an "unable to process request" error.
- 25780133 - When building reports in Financial Reporting Web Studio, custom text in column headers is now displayed correctly in the report output.
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease.
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1