The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, August 4, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, August 18, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Announcements and Known Issues:
- Important Change to the Profitability and Cost Management Cloud User Role
- Starting with this release, if users are assigned the User role and their Data Grant assignments give them read access to a data slice, then those users are able to edit data using Smart View for cells within that data slice. IMPORTANT: If users are assigned to the User role who should NOT have write access to their assigned data slice, you need to remove them from the User role and reassign them to the Viewer role. Users with the Viewer role continue to have only read access to their assigned data slice. Review the August 2017 Update for more details and information.
- Support for Editing in Dimension Management
- User Preference Settings Support Multiple Alias Tables
- Processing Oracle General Ledger Adjustment Periods in Data Management
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease.
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1