The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
June 2017 Updates
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, June 2, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, June 16, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Announcements and Known Issues:
- Add Queries as Favorites to Your Home Page
- Preview a Photo to Upload to Your Home Page
- Improve Performance with NONEMPTYTUPLE in Custom Calculation Rules
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- Activity Report Now Shows Database Query Performance Data
- Upload Custom Fonts to Financial Reporting
- 26030365 - With update 17.05, the Copy POV feature became unusable for existing applications that were present prior to the update. New applications created in that update were not affected. The workaround was to export the application, delete it, then import it. With the 17.06 update, Copy POV is functional again for all applications.
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in late 2017, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease.
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1