The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, May 4, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, May 18, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Announcements and New Features:
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- Microsoft Excel Version Usage in Activity Report
- Updated Execution Statistics Report
- Software issues addressed each month will be posted to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (Doc ID 2055579.1)
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.06 update (June 01, 2018 for test and June 15, 2018 for production environments).
Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Managment Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Microsoft Excel Known Issue that Affects Smart View for Office
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1