The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS) update:
Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud (PCMCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC-8 (2:00pm Pacific Time) on Friday, January 5, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, January 19, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC-8. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
The Oracle Help Center, which provides access to updated documentation, will also be available on January 5, 2018.
Announcements and New Features:
- Relocate EPM Cloud Environments from One Identity Domain to Another
- New EPM Getting Started Guides
- 27152908 - In Data Management, an error no longer occurs when reading an import expression for a data or amount column.
- 27009032 - In Data Management, a data load no longer fails when an import mapping encounters UTF8 Byte Order Mark (BOM) characters.
- 27026977 - In Data Management, source filters associated with data load rules are now saved correctly.
- 26539247 - In Data Management, the drill through to source feature is now working as designed in both the application and Smart View interfaces.
- 26985098 - In Smart View, dimension members are no longer duplicated when zooming in, zooming out, or refreshing the parent member of a dimension.
- 26982965 - In free-form mode, Smart View can now retrieve dynamic time series members that are shared members without using qualified names.
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client:
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in early 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.04 update (April 6, 2018 for test and April 20, 2018 for production environments).
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Problem with Rule Express Editing “Add Member” for the Destination Tab
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Excel Known Issue that Affects Smart View for Office
- Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Supports Smart View Private Connections
- Avoid Special Characters in Artifact Names, Including Calculation Rules
- Possible Syntax Change Required For EPM_AUTOMATE loaddimdata Command
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1