The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) update:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud (EPBCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, November 3, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, November 17, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
New Features for Planning and Budgeting Cloud and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- Changes to CSV Version of the Provisioning Report
- Registering Duplicate Target Application Names in Data Management
New Features for Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Only:
- Currency Conversion for Weekly Plans
- Detailed Configuration for Weekly Planning
- Strategic Modeling Supports Creating and Editing Dataviews
- Groovy Rules Support Data Maps and Smart Push
Removal of Support:
- Standard Interface (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Workspace Interface)
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
- Classic Dimension Editor
Refer to the November 2017 - Defects updates for the full list.
- USING FIREFOX ESR 52.4.2 WITH SMART VIEW
- Future releases of Mozilla Firefox will be phasing out support for XUL-based add-ons such as Smart View. Starting in mid-November 2017, only add-ons and extensions built with new web extension technology will work in Firefox. Therefore, Smart View 188.8.131.52.710 only supports Firefox versions up to ESR 52.4.1. If you want to continue using Firefox with Smart View 184.108.40.206.710, do not upgrade your Firefox browser.
- If your Firefox browser is set to automatically install updates, Oracle recommends changing the setting to “Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them.” See the Firefox help for instructions on changing this setting.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1