The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) update:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS)
Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud (EPBCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, September 7, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, September 21, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Backing up the daily maintenance snapshot and restoring the environment as needed are self-service operations. Oracle recommends that you download the maintenance snapshot every day to a local server. Refer to Backing Up and Restoring an Environment Using the Maintenance Snapshot in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators.
Planning and Budgeting Cloud and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud:
- Provisioning Changes to Simplify Role Usage
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- REST APIs for Managing Users
- System Settings and Defaults Moved to Application Settings in the Simplified Interface
- Unified User Preferences
- Loading Data Using an Incremental File Adapter
- Drilling Down from Summary Members
Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud:
- Push Freeform Formula to Selected Subaccounts
- Performance Enhancements in Workforce Rules
- Proposed Changes to Application-Level Access Control
- Classic Dimension Editor
- Ability to Create New Composite Forms
- Software issues addressed each month will be posted to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (Doc ID 2055579.1)
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1