The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) update:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud (EPBCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, April 6, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, April 20, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Planning and Budgeting Cloud and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud:
- Additional Charts in Activity Report
- Migration and Audit Cards Moved to the Tools Cluster
- Support for Subtitles in Infolets
- Schedule Jobs to Run Hourly and By Minute
- New Financial Reporting Explore Repository
- New Design-Time Prompt in Calculation Manager
- New Row and Column Suppression Behavior
Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Only:
- Simplified Merit-Based Planning
- Apply to Button in Forecast Method
Removal of Support:
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.06 update (June 01, 2018 for test and June 15, 2018 for production environments).
Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Classic Dimension Editor
- For users of the Simplified Interface, effective with the June 2018 (18.06) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor, which was released with the 17.05 update (May 2017). Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the June 2018 update to the service (June 1, 2018 for test and June 15, 2018 for production instances).
- Composite Form Creation Capability
- The ability to create composite forms (forms that comprise multiple simple forms) will not be available to new subscriptions effective18.06 (June 2018 update).
- New subscriptions should use the dashboard functionality instead of composite forms. This change does not affect existing subscriptions/customers. There will be no further enhancements to the composite forms functionality.
- Software issues addressed each month will be posted to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (Doc ID 2055579.1)
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1