The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) update:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud (EPBCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (14:00 PST) on Friday, February 2, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, February 16, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Announcements and New Features:
- Planning and Budgeting Cloud and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- New Rules Usage Report
- Expanded Simplified Audit
- Enter Data Into Suppressed Row Members
- Changes to EPM Groovy Object Model Usage
- Standard Interface (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Workspace Interface) Support Removed
- Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Only
- Chart of Accounts Flexibility in Financials
- Flexible Custom Dimension Usage in Financials
- Configuration Enhancements for Importing Members for Financials
- New Delete Hierarchy Option in Strategic Modeling
Removal of Support:
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in early 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.04 update (April 6, 2018 for test and April 20, 2018 for production environments).
Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Classic Dimension Editor
- For users of the Simplified Interface, effective with the March 2018 (18.03) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor, which was released with the 17.05 update (May 2017). Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the March 2018 update to the service (March 2, 2018 for test and March 16, 2018 for production instances).
Refer to the February 2018 - Defects updates for the full list.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1