The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) update:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS) and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud (EPBCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC-8 (2:00pm Pacific Time) on Friday, January 5, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, January 19, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC-8. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
The Oracle Help Center, which provides access to updated documentation, will also be available on January 5, 2018.
- Relocate EPM Cloud Environments from One Identity Domain to Another
- New Schedulable Job Types That Improve Cube Performance
- Standard Interface (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Workspace Interface) Support Removed
- EPM Getting Started Guides
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in early 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.04 update (April 6, 2018 for test and April 20, 2018 for production environments).
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Classic Dimension Editor
- For users of the Simplified Interface, effective with the February 2018 (18.02) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor, which was released with the 17.05 update (May 2017). Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the February 2018 update to the service (February 2, 2018 for test and February 16, 2018 for production instances).
- For detailed information on using the Simplified Dimension Editor, See Editing Dimensions in the Simplified Dimension Editor in Administering Planning for Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud.
Refer to the January 2018 - Defects updates for the full list.
- USING FIREFOX ESR 52.4.2 WITH SMART VIEW
- Mozilla Firefox has phased out support for XUL-based add-ons such as Smart View. Only add-ons and extensions built with new web extension technology work in newer versions of Firefox. Therefore, Smart View 22.214.171.124.710 and newer releases support only Firefox versions up to ESR 52.4.1. If you want to continue using Firefox with Smart View 126.96.36.199.710 and newer, do not upgrade your Firefox browser.
- If your Firefox browser is set to automatically install updates, Oracle recommends changing the setting to “Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them.” See the Firefox help for instructions on changing this setting.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1