Monthly Update Schedule:
We would like to inform you of the upcoming monthly update for your Oracle Cloud environments. We will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, February 3, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, February 17, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily one-hour maintenance window.
- Translation Updates
- Use Native Groups with Data Grants
- Use Expanded Custom Calculation Rule Functionality
- Use New Dimension Member Text Entry to Simplify Calculation Rule Creation
- Include or Exclude Attributes in Query Definitions
- Set Rounding Precision for Allocation Calculation Results
- Set Member Solve Order When Updating Dimension Properties by Importing Files
- Single Sign-On with Oracle Fusion Applications
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- New Smart View Version with Support for Alternate Hierarchy
- Indicator in Grid Cells for Related Content
Removal of Support for Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive experience to the users of the service. To achieve this goal, Financial Reporting Web Studio will be established as the only tool for designing and building reports. In this update, Financial Reporting Web Studio will achieve parity with most of the functional capabilities provided with Financial Reporting Studio desktop client. You will be able to create new reports and modify existing reports using Financial Reporting Web Studio.
Support for Financial Reporting Studio desktop client will tentatively be stopped in the May 2017 update. Oracle will not distribute Financial Reporting Studio desktop client after May 2017. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1