The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Narrative Reporting update:
Oracle Narrative Reporting (previously EPRCS)
Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud is Now Narrative Reporting.
- Product Name changes are introduced in 19.06 as part of a new approach to structuring Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud business processes.
- The new Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud provides end-to-end business processes to meet the requirements of most organizations and ensure a connected and agile experience across multiple business processes.
- Starting in 19.06, Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud is referred to as the Narrative Reporting business process. The functionality is unchanged. Narrative Reporting continues to provide a secure, process-driven approach for defining, authoring, reviewing and publishing financial and management report packages.
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest monthly updates to your Test environments during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, July 5, 2019. Oracle will apply the latest monthly updates to your Production environments during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, July 19, 2019.
Backing up the daily maintenance snapshot and restoring the environment as needed are self-service operations. Oracle recommends that you download the maintenance snapshot every day to a local server. Refer to Backing Up and Restoring an Environment Using the Maintenance Snapshot in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators.
- New EPM Cloud Features Tool
- Narrative Reporting Applications
- Working with Server Initiated Refresh
- Progress Bar for Reporting Operations in Smart View
- Removal of Support for Transport Layer Security Protocol 1.0 and 1.1
- Removal of Instance Name from Predefined Role Names
- Software issues addressed each month will be posted to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (Doc ID 2055579.1)
- Management Reporting
- Access Control
- Report Packages
- Disclosure Management
- Smart View
- Only for Smart View for Office with Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1